Trainer Status Maintenance (TSM) Program
The purpose of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) Trainer Status Maintenance (TSM) program is to ensure that Trainers develop and enhance their professional-level sustainability and training knowledge and skills during the time period that they retain the status of Trainer for the Higg FEM program. The TSM program primarily emphasizes direct training experience but also makes allowances for professional development activities when there is an environmental sustainability or training development/delivery aspect.
Every year, trainers must take action to maintain their status. This can be accomplished by submitting a TSM Worksheet or by retaking the full training, including the exam (if you wish to retake the training, please contact Sumerra).
A Trainer maintains status via TSM Worksheet by meeting the minimum requirements. The categories for status maintenance points include:
- Category 1: Higg Index FEM Training Delivery
- Category 2: Other Specialized Training Delivery
- Category 3: Environmental Training Attendance
- Category 4: Conducting Verifications
- Category 5: Capacity Building Projects / Consultancy work for impact areas included in FEM
- Category 6. Environmental Training or General Training Provider Accreditation / Qualification
- Category 7. Environmental Related Professional Accreditation / Qualification (i.e. REP)
- Category 8. Attendance at Environmental Conferences
When submitting the TSM worksheet, the Trainer will be required to pay a fee. Payment of fees is a condition of maintaining status. Fees are non-refundable.The cost of submittal and review of a TSM worksheet in 2019 is US$75.
When submitting the VSM worksheet, the Verifier will be required to pay a fee. Payment of fees is a condition of maintaining status. Fees are non-refundable.The cost of submittal and review of a VSM worksheet in 2019 is US$200.
If you have chosen to submit a Worksheet, you will need to renew using the same training platform as your original training. Please note, it is important that you connect to the renewal via one of two methods:
- You should receive an email when your approval is going to expire soon. Click the link in the email (make sure you are logged into STEP first) to take you to the renewal page.
- Alternatively, you can access by going to your account and clicking Renew there (Menu -> My Activities -> Certifications)
During each annual cycle, some Trainers are randomly selected for a TSM audit. Activities claimed on the worksheet are verified through written, impartial records.
For more information please download and review the documents below:
|Standard Procedures/Guide||Trainer Status Maintenance SOP-11JAN2019 ver.-1|
|VSM Worksheet||TSM Worksheet 08MAR2019 ver. 1.2|