Sumerra has created the Ethical Supplier Engagement Program (ESEP) to ensure factories that produce University product are regularly monitored and compliant with University codes of conduct and local laws. This content for Licensees and Universities is intended to provide both general and detailed information about the Ethical Supplier Engagement Program (ESEP).
- Workers making product for universities are protected, safeguarding a positive view by external stakeholders;
- Environments and communities are protected, building a sustainable manufacturing model with key Licensee factories;
- Licensee or Vendor/factory ownership over their compliance programs, with assistance from Sumerra, supporting a consistent, stable manufacturing environment;
- Supply chain improvements, reducing risks for all involved, fostering positive public perception of the Universities, Licensees and their factories/suppliers.
Results Expected Through Participation
- Risk to the universities and Licensee or Vendor factories/suppliers in the supply chain is greatly reduced;
- Increased knowledge of potential violations of labor laws and University Codes of Conduct in the factories results in timely Corrective Action Plans (CAPS);
- Strengthened relationship between Universities and Licensee factories/suppliers as improvements related to compliance are implemented
The tabs to the right detail the program. You will also find relevant case studies based on Sumerra’s experience in compliance management, an FAQ page tailored specifically to ESEP, and Sumerra contact details.
Thank you for your interest and participation!
Jason Roberts, CEO