Social & Labor Convergence Program (SLCP)
It is the SLCP’s mission to implement a Converged Assessment Framework (CAF) that supports stakeholders’ efforts to improve working conditions in global supply chains. The CAF consists of a Data Collection Tool, a Verification Protocol and a Verifier Guidance document. It will help the industry to:
- Reduce audit fatigue: avoid duplication and reduce the number of social & labor audits by replacing current proprietary assessment tools
- Increase the opportunity for greater comparability of social & labor data
- Redeploy resources towards improvement actions
- Build mutual trust and respect, measure and understand working conditions and improve those conditions over time
Sumerra supports the SLCP by serving as the Verification Oversight Organization (VOO). The VOO is responsible for:
- Verifier Selection and Support
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Oversight of Dispute and Conflict Resolution
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and User Feedback
The SLCP seeks to build on the strengths of experienced auditors to perform as first-rate verifiers. All criteria for Verifier Bodies are summarized in the table below. As SLCP signatories are best informed about SLCP and committed to improving the process and system, SLCP only seeks to include VBs that are a signatory to the program (if you wish to be a signatory and are not, please contact the SLCP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following application flow:
If you have questions about the application process please use the contact block below to submit your questions.